HeartMath Clinical Programs
What is HeartMath?
Backed by science, research and extensive experience, HeartMath offers the health professional effective technologies and methodologies to use with service members and veterans.
HeartMath has developed a research-based system of scientifically validated tools and technologies to provide education and training on the body’s response to stress, how to regulate the nervous system and develop inner resources, self-regulation and self-responsibility. The programs have been shown to increase stress resilience and a broad range of cognitive functions in service members before deployment and to aid in reintegration and reduce symptoms of combat stress in troops returning from deployment.
HeartMath Training and Technologies help:
- Reduce symptoms characteristic of PTSD and combat operational stress (COSR)
- Increase cognitive functions related to sustained attention, memory and over-reactivity
- Reduce effects of post-traumatic stress disorder, including anger, anxiety and depression
- Promote self-responsibility and self-regulation
- Improve cognitive functions
- Lower health care costs
To learn more, please visit the Institute of HeartMath website.
Related Topics & Articles
Do you need help?
If you have any concerns about yourself or someone you know, please seek help at your local crisis center or emergency room.